Federal, state and local government entities and nonprofits are working together to control the spread of the coronavirus and to support the businesses and individuals impacted by the virus and/or the protective measures being taken.
State COVID-19 Resources for Business
Visit their website for a comprehensive list of resources and important COVID-19 updates.
Visit their website for resources available to employers and job seekers impacted by the COVID-19.
- The Commissioner for Employers’ legal team is available Monday through Friday (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) to answer employment law questions. Please contact them at 800-832-9394 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shared Work Program
- If an individual’s employment has been affected by COVID-19 they may apply for benefits either online by using the Unemployment Benefits Services (UBS) or by calling TWC at 800.939.6631 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday – Friday. UBS can be accessed at any time. For additional information, visit TWC’s website.
Visit their website for an overview of insurance-related questions related to COVID-19.
Visit their website for an overview of information related to school meals, consumer protection, rural hospitals, weights and measures and licensing.
- The Consumer Data Industry Association (CDIA) provided guidance to those directly or indirectly impacted.
- Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) are an alternative source of finance for small businesses. For additional information, please visit with each organization:
- SBA Lender Match: Connects Small Business with Participating SBA-approved Lenders
- Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs) provides counseling to small businesses throughout Texas. For a list of resources to manage the impact and recovery, visit their website.
- SCORE has chapters throughout Texas and provides in-person and virtual counseling and mentorship. They have also published resources and information to support small business, including:
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Combating Coronavirus
- National Restaurant Association: Coronavirus Information and Resources
- National Retail Federation: Coronavirus Resources for Retailers
- NFIB: Small Business Resources in Response to Coronavirus
- Texas International Produce Association: COVID-19 Update